The Fiftieth Year
Crown Tournament -- Kingdom of the West
March 25-27, 2016 (AS L)
From The Page (March, 2016):
Come and join Their Illustrious Majesties in the selection of Their Heirs. The tournament will be a different format this time. Please see the words from His Majesty below.
Competitions: Arts and Sciences will once again hold the Wreath of Athena competition. Entries are judged by populace vote.
Site information: Skyline Park, (address omitted) Napa, CA 94559
- Invocation and challenges will remain the same, and the list will be run as a standard double elimination tournament, with standard West Kingdom armor conventions. The big difference will be that fights shall be to counted blows, no acted out wounds. What this means;
- All fights are to 3 good blows struck Fighters still call their own blows ALL TARGETS COUNT THE SAME, a hit to an arm, leg, head or body
counts as one good blow.
- There will be a pause when a good blow is struck, to allow fighters to reset. This way, people who drop an arm/leg out of reflex are not penalized If a flurry is landed, only the first blow counts, as a pause is enacted after a good blow
- Double strikes count against both fighters. If you trade a leg for a head, both fighters earn one point.
- Double kills are destructive. If there is a 2-2 score, and a double hit occurs, both fighters take a loss on their record. This will only change in finals, where a double kill will be re-fought. Finals will still be a best of three fights.
- Although no one “dies” in a counted blows tournament, We are asking fighters to take a knee and salute, so that bystanders can understand the outcome of a fight.
Site opens: 12pm on 3-25 to 4pm on 3-27
Site fees: Adults $15 + $5 for non-members 13 - 17 $10 12 and under FREE Family Cap $40
Autocrat: Katrina Yarbrough, THL (contact info omitted).
See photos from this event
Description of this event (if any), taken from The Page, or from
memory of at least one person who attended the event.
[Main Web Page for the History]
The West Kingdom History Website was created by and is maintained by
Hirsch von Henford (mka Ken Mayer).