The Thirty-ninth Year
Clan War -- Montaigne du Roi
July 24, 2004 (AS XXXIX)
Ford Ord Travel Camp,
From The Page (July, 2004):
Come join us as we host a Tournament of Armies! This is the perfect opportunity to sharpen
your small unit tactics in the "Olympics of War". Here are the rules of the day:
- The standard rules of the West and Conventions of War Combat will be followed. Experimental rules
and weapons approved by the Earl Marshal will also be allowed.
- Each unit will be made up of 6-8 fighters. It can consist of a mix of melee and missile troops.
- Each unit must have a name, banner, and a commander. Banners will be provided for pickup groups.
- Each battle is fifteen (15) minutes long.
- There will be gate, bridge, escort, open field, and other battles, as needed based on the number of teams,
- The bridge, gate, and escort battles will have an attacker and defender. The attacker must take the opposing
forces banner before the fifteen minutes are up. The defender must keep their banner for the full
fifteen minutes or kill all the attackers.
- The winner for the open field battle to be determined by the last unit alive or whoever has both banners
at the end of the 15 minutes.
- The Lists will determine where, who, and which position each unit will fight.
- The commanders or their representative must report the winners of the last round and attend the meeting
to be told where the next fight will be.
- Ties will not be re-fought but will be considered wins for both units.
- Once they have the unit's assignment the commanders have five (5) minutes to get their troops together,
in armor and inside of the fighting area before the battle will be started. Any troops not within
the fighting boundaries and in armor by the "lay on" may not fight in that battle.
- The winner of the Tourney will be decided by the unit with the most wins. If there is a tie the two units
will fight it out in a random scenario.
Site info: Site opens Saturday at 8 am. Armor inspection will begin at 9 am. Fighting will begin
at 10 am. We will be at the usual Ft. Ord camping location. There is no water on site, so
please bring enough for yourself and a gallon for the water bearers. Site fee is $5 for members,
$8 for non-members. Lunch will be provided by the Canton
Autocrat: Katherine ni Cheallaigh of Skye (contact info omitted)
War Marshal: Erich der Helmschmied (contact info omitted)
Description of this event (if any), taken from The Page, or from
memory of at least one person who attended the event.
[Main Web Page for the History]
The West Kingdom History Website was created by and is maintained by
Hirsch von Henford (mka Ken Mayer).