The Thirty-fifth Year
West/An Tir War -- Kingdom of the West
June 30-July 3, 2000 (AS XXXV)
Crescent City, CA
From The Page (June, 2000):
Wuduholt be Secg is again ready for the mighty armies of AnTir and the West to converge
on the cool north coast for WAR!!! The war will be held on the same 110 acres of accessible
ranch land as two years ago, near public river and beach access. There is little shade, but
temps shouldn't exceed 75°. Please be prepared for cool nights around 50° with fog.
Please bring potable water, as the limited supply we have will go to the fighters. Also
bring mosquito repellent and sun block... and rain gear (you never know). All pets must
be leashed. West Kingdom fire laws prohibit open flame (tiki torches, candles, etc.) on site
or in pavilions. All fires must be 18" above ground. Some type of fire extinguisher must
be near all fires. All fires must be attended. No fireworks or discharging firearms
(cannons) on site. Offenders will be escorted off site by local law enforcement. Gentles
who wish to bring horses for Equestrian activities are welcome. Unfortunately, no rental
horses are available in the area. Site opens at 2 pm, Friday, June 30.
The battlefield is large and relatively flat with a big forested area for excellent woods
battles. There will be fighting on both Saturday and Sunday, We are planning to have
multiple castles this year for siege and resurrection battles with lots of fighting being
planned on both days for all melee and missile combatants!!! WAR! WAR! WAR!
West/AnTir War Conventions:
- There will be no war points or victor for the war.
- Be prepared to show your fighter authorization card.
- Every fighter must meet the minimum armor requirements of the Kingdom In which they reside
and must be Inspected by a marshal from their Kingdom,
- Pike length shall not exceed the current corporate maximum of 12 feet,
- All scenarios will have the standard kUlmgfrom behind. Get the fighter's attention (without
striking the opponent) and inform them they have been killed.
- Missile weapons permissible In either Kingdom when screen is not required will be allowed,
- Archery Screen will not be required. However, it can be used if the fighter so desires,
- Missile Weapons are planned to be in at least every other battle and will be allowed in all resurrection
battles. (Missile weapons will likely not be allowed in just half the bridge and castle battles.)
- Plate armor will be considered proof versus all arrows. This means that all arrows shall not be
effective vs, plate armor, (Plate armor is defined as steel plate that is larger than 4-inch by 4-inch).
- All javelins, throwing axes and tennis ball missiles will be considered fully effective versus all
types of armor (Plate is not proof).
- Siege rocks kill regardless of where struck (that includes the shield ... can't block the rock). If a
siege rock lands in the tower, all combatants in the tower will be considered dead. (However, once
a siege rock has hit something it will not be effective against anything else it may hit ... it has to be
a direct shot and can not just roil or bounce into someone),
- Only thrown missile weapons will be allowed to be field re-Inspected. All other "shot" missiles
must be gleaned and re-Inspected after the battle or at the resurrection points,
- The West will only be fielding "tight" missile weapon troops and each will have displayed 4
orange or red pheons on their helm to signify diey are not to be struck by melee weapons. Western
"Heavy" weapon or melee fighters wUl not be allowed to use missile weapons to aid in the
Identification of the Western Missile Combatant,
- AnTir will field "Heavy" Missile Combatants on Friday and "Light" Missile Combatants on Sat,
AnTirian "Heavy" weapon or melee fighters will not be allowed to use missile weapons on
Saturday to aid in the identification of the AnTirian "light" Missile Combatants,
- For a Melee Combatant to kill a "tight" Missile Combatant they must be within five (5) yards of the
opponent, present (do not point) their weapon, and say, "You are dead, my lord" or an equivalent. This
action must be repeated for every opponent to be killed. The Melee Combatant must also have an unimpeded
path to the missile Combatant, without intervening walls, melee opponents or other obstructions.
- AnTiran "Heavy" Missile Combatants (a heavy carrying a missile weapon) though they can be
struck to be killed as normal, should expect and accept being killed as a "Light" since the Western
Melee Combatants are generally trained never to hit anyone carrying a missile weapon.
Site fee: $7 per person; $3 for children 3-12 and babes 2 and under FREE.
Merchants: Contact the West Kingdom Merchant Liaison (see back of Page).
Autocrat: Erik Firediver (contact info omitted).
Description of this event (if any), taken from The Page, or from
memory of at least one person who attended the event.
[Main Web Page for the History]
The West Kingdom History Website was created by and is maintained by
Hirsch von Henford (mka Ken Mayer).