Menlo Park, CA
From The Page (October, 1995):
Location: Shoreview Park, San Mateo (This event is followed immediately by the Westermark Feast. Please refer to the Feast information for directions, it is in the same place.) Site Opens at 10:30 am. Classes end at 5:00 pm.
Autocrat: Ascelin Meere of Ravenslocke (contact info omitted).
Site Fee: $2.00 donation for Collegium. If you have bought a ticket for the feast and attend the Collegium, no further site fees are requested. The feast ticket'needs to be bought in advance through the autocrat for the feast. It is at the discretion of the feast autocrat to make tickets available at the door on the day of these events. The feast may be sold out by October 14 since Sir Andrew Shay Forestborn (aka Mister Feed Them Til They Burst) is coordinating the kitchen.
1) On participating in wars and with war units
2) To Bow or not to Bow, SCA courtesy
3) Introduction to Inkle Weaving-An easy to make trim, bring two skeins of contrasting colored cotton yarn (easy to get at the craft store)
Noon-1 pm Lunch
1 pm-2 pm
1) Light Fighting-An introduction and how to get involved
2) Local Branches-How they can work for you
3) Cooking at Outdoor Events-"The Secret's in the sauce"
2 pm-3:30 pm|
1) Heavy Fighting-A beginner's practice (bring stick and shield - may help with revolt at feast) followed by a discourse on Knights and Squires
2) Forming, Joining, and Visiting Households-A panel presentation
3) Camping at SCA Events-Do's and Don'ts
3:30 pm-5 pm
1) Boffer Making Workshop-$5.00 donation for cost of materials, may be used later during the feast
2) Proteges and Apprentices-Who they are and what they do
3) How to make a ''mean" T-tunic-Bring note pads
Description of this event (if any), taken from The Page, or from memory of at least one person who attended the event.
The West Kingdom History Website was created by and is maintained by Hirsch von Henford (mka Ken Mayer).