From The Page (July, 1994):
The Principality of the Mists is once again proud to present a bardic feast and competition for the choosing of the next Bard of the Mists. To be held Saturday, August 20 in the church hall of St. Alban's Episcopal Church, (address omitted), Albany.
The feast is being prepared by houses Goutheim and Ponsleyr. The theme of the feast is "Return from the Crusades", and many wondrous dishes are planned. Tickets will go on sale at June Crown. Please buy or reserve your tickets ahead of time since seating is limited to 80. Tickets for the feast are $10 and indude the site fee. The site fee alone is $2, children under 12 are free. Checks should be made out to S.C.A. Inc. - Principality of the Mists.
The competition will consist of five parts-
1. Period Piece - a piece written before 16SO, may be spoken sung or instrumental. Please provide documentation.
2. Piece in a Period Style - A piece written by the contestant in a style used in period. May be spoken, sung or Instrumental. Please provide documentation.
3. Bard's Choice - a piece written in praise of another S.C.A. person who is not a peer, or a principality or kingdom officer. To have been written by the contestant within the last year.
4. Masterpiece - Bring out your best.
5. Impromptu - Given three words and fifteen minutes preparation, write and perform a piece incorporating the three words.
Regarding documentation: documentation counts, but don't let it scare you off. Please provide a list of the prepared pieces you intend to perform, as well as concise informa- tion as to the sources and forms. Words and music are also nice. If possible, bring 5 to 7 copies. Those interested in competing may contact Ivone Ponsleyr., the band of the mists.
Autocrat: Ivone Ponsleyr (name/contact info).
Description of this event (if any), taken from The Page, or from memory of at least one person who attended the event.
The West Kingdom History Website was created by and is maintained by Hirsch von Henford (mka Ken Mayer).