The Nineteenth Year
Yuletide Revel -- Earngyld
December 4, 1984
From The Page (December, 1984):
In order to give the populace tyme to prepare entries,
the following is a partial list of the contets for the Barony of
Earngyld's Yuletide revel on December 4. [sic]
- Fancy dress costume. Yuletide is a festive occasion. Let's make it even
more so with fancy dress. Remember, not all fancy dress must be silks, satins,
and velvets, even though that is the ultimate. Peasant dress can be made festive
with embellishments and style.
- Best "Hole in the Wall" dance partner.
- Bardic storytelling. The outcome of the last bardic storytelling was
so good that a similar contest will be held at Yuletide. The following four items should
be incorporated into a story: a holly tree; an enchanted crystal; an old beggar;
and a pile of ashes. Judging will be based on believability and creativity.
- Bardic narrative. This means the best presentation of a poem or story.
The poem or story does not need to be original.
- Some kind of cooking contest. Any suggestions?
Anyone having any questions about the above contests or wishing to sponsor
additional ones, please contact the AUTOCRAT, Wynflaed of Hawksmir, (phone).
Description of this event (if any), taken from The Page, or from
memory of at least one person who attended the event.
[Main Web Page for the History]
The West Kingdom History Website was created by and is maintained by
Hirsch von Henford (mka Ken Mayer).