Photos from Other Sites
Back to the main page
Since the West Kingdom History Website was created, new web services have developed that allow people to host their photos in a variety of ways.
As the number of photographs from events grows exponentially (more people with cameras, more digital cameras – meaning the process of
creating photos is much easier, and making them available to others is much easier), it has been determined that there is
no way to keep up with all of the photographs being put out there.
(Note that in all cases “this site” refers to the West Kingdom History Website.)
Hence, the following policy for this website, regarding photographs on other websites:
- As with photographs on this website, it is assumed that the person who has posted the photographs is doing so with permission
and/or granting permission for us to link to those photographs. If it turns out the person responsible does not wish the link on this
site, then it will be removed.
- The Owners/Managers of this site are not responsible for the content of the photographs on other websites. We cannot ask that
photos be removed if the individuals in said photographs are not comfortable with them. If an individual has a problem with a
specific photograph, then they must contact the person responsible directly …
- The Owners/Managers of this site are not responsible for the labeling of the photographs (who is who in each photo).
- The Owners/Managers of this site cannot add individuals to the “Who’s Who” of this site for photographs on other websites.
This is because the web is volatile, and websites come and go. The amount of effort involved in updating the “Who’s Who”
continually is difficult enough, without including other websites into the mix.
- If it is important for you to be listed in the Who's Who for this site, then you are more
than welcome to, with permission of the photographer(s), send photos directly to the Owners/Managers of
this site for inclusion.
- If you note a link is broken (the account is gone from the site, or whatever) please email the manager of this site ...
With all of the above stated, and understood, if you have photographs from events hosted on some other website, either your own
or a photograph hosting service (such as SmugMug), please email the manager of this website with the link(s) and event(s) and
a link will be placed into the event description part of the website (see the "Contact" link at the bottom of the main web page ...).
Be sure the email includes:
- The event the link is for (Name of event, year ... preferably SCA year);
- The URL (web address) where the photos for the specific event are for hosted;
- Your (SCA) name
That's really all that is necessary.
Back to the main page
The West Kingdom History Website was created by and is maintained by
Hirsch von Henford (mka Ken Mayer).